Wednesday, May 2, 2007

YES! Michigan


On Monday Josiah and I embarked on our week long adventure to Michigan. We are here visiting my friend Barb. We got off to a rocky start...our flight out of Albuquerque was supposed to leave at 8:25 Monday morning and we were sitting on the plane waiting to pull away from the gate when a maintenance truck pulled up. Then we heard the captain saying there was something wrong with the auto pilot and they were trying to fix it. 45 minutes and several graham crackers later they took us off the plane. So we got on a flight to Dallas. Josiah really liked looking out the window and giggled as the plane took off. We played the open it-close it game with the window shade for a very LONG time. He finally fell asleep and I got to look at the "Sky Mall" magazine. Why do I love looking at that??? When we got to Dallas I called Bob and he told me I had to go to the USO because they give military and their dependents free food. So off we went. Then it was back to our gate to catch our flight to Chicago. This time we didn't get a window seat and Josiah was a little restless. He kept kicking the seat in front of us and since there was no window shade he was playing our game with the tray table. I don't think the lady in front of us was happy. I hope we didn't ruin her day. We didn't have to wait too long once we got to Chicago and we finally got on our last flight to Kalamazoo. Josiah really had fun on this one because there was no one in the seat next to us and he could play and look out the window all he wanted. I was so thankful that our suitcase and his carseat made it too!!! I was a little worried about that.

So now we are having a wonderful time. Barb has a little dog named Tilly and Josiah is having so much fun playing with her. Tonight we'll be going to see Bob's family in Grand Rapids and tomorrow we're off to Frankenmuth to see my brother and his family. And on top of all this fun I have been sleeping in until 9 am!!! That is so AWESOME! :) Oh and I'm really appreciating how GREEN it is here!!! I never knew that Michigan was lush until I moved to Albuquerque.

More updates to come!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Oh, fun! Enjoy Grand Rapids for me!

Unknown said...

I am glad you are there, safe and sound! I hope you have a great time visiting Barb, and Bob's family. Tell Barb I said hello.

Jennifer said...

Glad you finally made it safely! Have a wonderful visit!

Megan said...

Wow! You are brave flying alone with Josiah! After just taking 4 flights, I can't imagine not having another pair of hands to help out! Your kids are SO well behaved!