Monday, May 21, 2007

Mixed Emotions


It's crazy to think that Bob will be gone in about 2 weeks. My mind is swirling with thoughts of all kinds. I always see those wives on tv whose husbands are serving and they always show the reunions on the news. It's strange to think that I'm one of those wives now. I wonder how this will change us? How will it change him? What will he see and do? I know that he will work hard and do the job well. I know that he will be an asset to the ones he's working for. I have a greater sense of pride because I know he will serve our country well!
For now we're trying to spend quality time together while getting ready for his departure. So many people have already offered prayers and support and we're thankful for that. People we don't even know that well have given me their phone number and told me to call if I need a baby sitter or a night off. It's a wonderful thing to know I have the support of so many and he hasn't even left yet.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Our prayers are with you.

*love2scrap* said...

he is a hero... I was just writing a draft for a future blog about our servicemen.

You are a hero as well, Susie! My prayers will be with all of you.