Friday, May 4, 2007

Some things never change

Being with my big brother always brings back memories of my childhood. As kids we loved each other and I always knew he would watch out for me but we could not stop picking on each other. He would tourture me with tickling, one time he did it so long I wet my pants. Of course I can't blame it all on him...I was quite the little instigator. I'd do something little to start it and in just a few minutes we were wrestling on the floor. When we were a little bit older us kids would stay home alone in the summers and I was constantly calling mom at work telling on Mike. I think her boss must have thought we were wild animals. The "picking" hasn't stopped even though we're adults. Last night we were visiting at his house and of course we went straight into our big brother/little sister roles. He showed me his new move, he calls it "the syringe" and it definately feels like your getting a shot. YIKES!

Picking on each other aside, we had a very nice time visiting with Mike and Dana and the boys.


Thanks to Barbie for driving me to Grand Rapids and Frankenmuth to see my family!!!
The picture below is a shot of Frankenmuth, MI which is also called "Little Bavaria".


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Is Frakenmuth where that big Christmas store is? If so, I might be going there this summer. Looks like such a cute town!

Mrs. Overbeek said...

YEP that's it! Bronners is the biggest Christmas store in the world, or so they say. It's a nice little place.