Friday, May 25, 2007

Ho "Hum"


It's been a good day but man did it ever feel long! I don't know why but it just seemed like it should be later every time I looked at the clock. Maybe I haven't adjusted to the kids staying up longer now that we don't have to get up for school. But probably it has more to do with Bob being gone.
We did have a few exciting moments today. As I was trying to put groceries away I heard something rustling the blinds. I went to check it out and it was a hummingbird...in the house...trying to fly out the closed window. I leave the front door open a lot to let in the breeze and the poor little birdie must have flown in and was determined to go back out the window. I ended up having to take the screen out because it wouldn't fly away from the window and go back out the door. Later tonight Joshua decided he wanted to play with the grasshoppers that he caught earlier. One got loose and we couldn't find it. I was a little upset because I had already told Joshua not to let the grasshoppers out inside the house. But we ended up finding the little guy and getting him back in the cup that is now his home. Hopefully tomorrow will not have as much critter drama and the day will go by more quickly for the mama!

No comments: