Friday, March 30, 2007

Yes sir, that's my baby (and I don't mean Josiah)


I hope you don't mind a little blog-bragging because that's what I'm doing. :) My airman is on his way home today and I just thought I'd tell you how proud I am of him! He started out SOS by winning the Jousting contest. He made a name for himself on the Flickerball field and led his flight win the championship! Another flight even put his picture on t-shirts that said, "Have you been Bobbed?" His flight ended up earning the "Top Third" flight award. Bob did well on his tests, briefings, writing assignments, and PT scores and was selected as a "Top Third" graduate of the SOS class. He was also the runner-up for the SOS Commandant's Leadership Award. And his flight voted him the most "outstanding contributor" to the flight. I already knew that he's a great competitor an excellent leader but it's nice for him to get that kind of feedback from others too.

4 comments:

The Overbeeks said...

When I told Don about all of Bob's accomplishments, he couldn't help grinning. It didn't suprise him one bit, since he's experienced Bob's competitiveness many times in the past. We're thankful that Bob has the opportunity to use his leadership skills and are so glad he's finally coming home to join you!

Kacie said...

Yay Bob! That is so neat that they put his picture on T-shirts! Not many people can say that. ;) Congrats to you Bob and we're thankful that you'll have your whole family together again Susie!

PS. I'm so excited that you're thinking of doing Sonlight! You'll have to keep me posted on how it goes. :)

Peggy said...

Congratulations, Bob!! We're glad you made it home safe and sound. Hey, you're famous!!

ANGEL'S ZONE said...

Your household very blessedness!~
welcome to my blog!~
http://angeszone.blogspot.com/