Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Oh so good!

Here's a recipe for a salad that I LOVE! It's not weight watchers but I always tell myself that it's okay because I'm eating green things. :) The recipe is from the pastor's wife in my previous church, thanks Connie!

Crunchy Romaine Toss
Ingredients:
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 package ramen noodles, crunched
4 Tbls butter
1 bunch broccoli
1 head romaine (I use 1 bag of romaine)
4 green onions, chopped
1 cup dressing

Directions:
Brown walnuts and ramen in butter
Combine broccoli, romaine, and onion. Sprinkle walnuts and ramen on top.
Add dressing and enjoy. It doesn't keep well so you have to eat it all!

Dressing (makes 2 1/2 cups):
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbls soy sauce
(I usually just half this so I don't have left over dressing).

1 comment:

LaughterThoughts said...

saw you over at pinky's-- i have copied down your salad recipe. :) next saturday i have a ladies' luncheon for church and i'm supposed to take a salad, so the timing was just right!

i was browsing through your other posts-- we used to love going to the owl cafe before we moved. we always sat in d.j.'s section-- she was "our" waitress. she always made sure that she was the one to serve us. :)