Thursday, March 29, 2007

Multi-tasking gone awry


It all started with Josiah playing in the toilet. So I figured I'd put him in the tub. Then Chloe wanted to get in the tub too. I knew they would want to play for a while, they always do, so I thought instead of just sitting there I'd do a deep clean on the toilet. It's been really bugging me lately that I just walk in the bathroom and it smells like urine, gross. So I got my one rubber glove (lost the other one during the move I think), my little scrub brush and my mountain fresh Soft Scrub. Josiah and Chloe were doing good and I was scrubbing away. Then Josiah decided that he wanted to get out. He kept trying to climb out but I really wanted to get this little job done while I had the littles confined in the tub, and I hadn't even washed him yet so he HAD to stay in longer. I tried to distract him and kept cleaning. Then he reached out and grabbed the toilet. Good thing I already cleaned that part! I finished the job and washed up. I washed Josiah and got him out of the tub and down to nap. So I did get the toilet and the littles clean...it was just a little crazy along the way. Sometimes I wonder if it's times like these that I'm really making it harder on myself. But then I also think that my toilet would never get cleaned because I just have to go with it when I get inspired.

2 comments:

Desiree Fournier said...

Oh boy do I understand multitasking!! I think that it always works out that right when I really get involved and excited about getting something done someone changes their mind about the activity they are currently involved in and I end up working ten times harder to finish the task at hand--of course when I think about before the kiddos, getting to hem and haw as I pleased, I remember it as being much less exciting and entertaining than our lives now. Who knew that cleaning my bathroom could involve so much effort? All well worth my energy!

abqsuez said...

I clean the bathroom when my kids are in the tub too. It's the only way things get done.