Thursday, March 8, 2007

I get by with a little help from my friends


In the church I grew up in we used to sing this song, "I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God..." That line couldn't be more true for me right now. I can't imagine not being part of a church family. There have been so many friends from church who are looking out for me and the kids while Bob is gone. Just yesterday some friends offered to come over to babysit so I could get out. Some folks sit with us during church and help by holding the baby and we always have help getting out to the car. I really feel like everyone genuinely cares about how we are doing and how Bob is doing. I know we are being prayed for and others have helped me at times when I need babysitters. It's a beautiful picture of the family of God caring for each other. And unlike the Beatles song that inspired my title, I'm doing more than just, "getting by". It's not fun to be apart from my hubby but I'm seeing how God is using this time to remind me to lean on him and that I can't do anything on my own strength but I'm trusting Him to sustain me each day and even make me stronger.
"...Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

No comments: