Monday, April 2, 2007

Opening Day!





















Anyone who knows us knows that baseball is a big deal at our house, in particular Tigers baseball. So today was the Detroit Tigers season opener and there we all were, minus Abigail who had to go to school, sitting in the living room wearing our Tigers gear cheering on our favorite players. Unfortunately the Tigers didn't pull it off today...they lost in the 10th inning. BUT as Bob always says, "baseball season is a marathon not a sprint" and don't I know that (April through October)!

A strange thing though has happened to me over the past 11 years, I've learned to love baseball more and more. I love it because he loves it. I find myself even watching games when he's not home or checking on scores of rival teams, just to see. I think at some point I decided I had to get into it because if I didn't I wouldn't be part of something that means a lot to him. Granted, I'm not quite the fan that he is...but I know the game and the players pretty well. Who knows 25 years from now we may be season ticket holders who are always there, in the same seats, keeping score together (now he would REALLY love that!!!). For now we'll settle for watching together with the kiddos and cheering on our team. So welcome to baseball season and
LET'S
GO TIGERS!!!

3 comments:

Mr. J said...

Game on! Whoop!

Now starts another 6 months of not being content with my fantasy roster.

Peggy said...

I find myself doing the same thing -- reading the standings on the sports page, checking to see which games are on TV, watching games when Bill's not around... and I was the one keeping score at the Yankees-Tigers game we were just at. We root for the Yankees -- sorry, Bob! -- but I cheer for the Tigers too!!!

Unknown said...

I am praying for you today. Love you!