Friday, April 6, 2007


One of my favorite hymns is "He was wounded for our transgressions" it has been in my head a lot lately and I'm thankful for that because it reminds me what Jesus did on my behalf. "He was numbered among transgressors". That line brings tears to my eyes as I think that Jesus, the one who was perfect in every way, took my place on the cross to satisfy the law of God. It doesn't seem right that Jesus would take my sin and I would receive his righteousness but that is how God's justice and mercy work together. God's law has been broken and there must be payment for sin, that's justice, but Jesus is the one who paid it in my place, that's mercy! D.A. Carson once said, "Justice and mercy kiss at the cross" and I can't think of a better way to describe it. How does one receive this mercy? Repent of your sins and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

No comments: