Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Come to the water


It seems that everyday lately I receive more news of fellow believers going through trials of many kinds. Two weeks ago my friend had an emergency c-section at 29 weeks and the baby lived only a few days. In recent days I have learned of several mis-carriages and just last night I received word that my Inter Varsity staff worker from college has breast cancer. My heart is heavy with thoughts of all these friends who are suffering. This afternoon I was just resting and a song came to my mind that we used to sing at Inter Varsity based on Isaiah 55.

Come to the Water
O let all who thirst, let them come to the water
And let all who have nothing, let them come to the Lord
Without money, without price
How can you pay the price...come to the Lord.

And let all who seek, let them come to the water
And let all who have nothing, let them come to the Lord
Without money, without strife
Why should you spend your life...come to the Lord.

And let all who toil, let them come to the water
And let all who are weary, let them come to the Lord
All who labor without rest
How can your soul find rest...come to the Lord.

And let all the poor, let them come to the water
Bring the ones who are laden, let them come to the Lord
Bring the children without might
Easy the load and light...come to the Lord.

My heart aches for these dear friends who are suffering but I'm trusting that through these trials they will experience the perfect peace that comes only from God. "How can your soul find rest? Come to the Lord"

No comments: