Saturday, November 3, 2007

MONSTER TRUCK BIRTHDAY










Today we celebrated Joshua's 5th birthday MONSTER TRUCK style! I made a truck cake, we played pin the license plate on the Monster Truck and Red Light, Green Light and our friends and family were VERY generous with gifts! One of the boys said that Joshua got more for his birthday than he got for Christmas!
It was a little on the crazy side because I invited quite a few friends from church and the neighborhood, it was maybe a little too crazy...but I really do think the kiddos had fun, so that's good. Joshua loved all his new toys and can't wait to have his friends come over to play with them.
As I was cleaning up I was thinking about it all and I realized how much I missed Bob today. We're a good team, especially when it comes to parties. I cook and he keeps the kiddos busy with games. I help the kiddos blow out the candles and open gifts and he takes the pictures. I do the dishes afterwards and he takes care of all the trash. I guess it's hard for both of us...for him because he's missing it all and for me because...he's missing it all.
Aside from missing daddy, the party was a success! Joshua even wants to keep the Monster Truck I drew for pin the license plate on the truck. Before he went to bed he went and found the poster and stuck it on his door. He said that he was going to keep it there forever! It just makes me smile, some day he'll know how bad my drawing skills are, but for now he thinks it's really cool! :)

3 comments:

Beek's Fam said...

Sounds like Joshua had a great time at his birthday party. Give him hugs and kisses from us.

Kacie said...

Wow! What an awesome cake! Do you have a pattern for it? Jonathan has requested a monster truck party for his 6th (or is it 7th?) birthday. ;)

Peggy said...

Love the cake! Sounds like Joshua had a terrific time. Birthday hugs and kisses, Joshua!!