Monday, July 2, 2007

We made it

Well friends, after two days of driving we made it to Iowa! The first day was really good...it just took longer for me to leave the house than I expected. Josiah woke up with a diaper blowout so I had to wash his blanket before we could leave. With some help from Katie we finally got on the road at 10:30 am. We made it to Greeley, CO by 7 pm. We had a very nice visit with my Uncle Paul, Aunt Jennifer and Cousin Levi. In the morning it was off again. We were doing really good until about 2 hours away from Council Bluffs, Abigail got car sick and threw up. It wasn't good and I was a little frustrated with myself because I hadn't made her take Dramamine but we made it through. Once we finally got to Council Bluffs we had dinner and got to watch fireworks from the boat. That was pretty cool! Today my parents arrived here and we spent lots of time in the water. All the kids got to go on the waverunner and even the mommy. After an evening boatride they even had surprise cake and ice cream for my birthday...I'm 30 years old toay!!!
WOW.
More to come and pictures too.

7 comments:

Tim said...

We're very glad to hear from you and that you made it to Iowa. Happy Birthday!

Krystal said...

Glad you guys arrived safely. Happy Birthday!

Kelly said...

sounds like a great trip so far (except for the car sick incident). happy belated birthday!

Summer said...

Happy Birthday!!! We miss you all so much already!

Katie L said...

A very merry unbirthday to you! Tell all your little ones we say hello!

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday, Susie!

April said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Glad you made it safely and that everyone is having fun.