Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wouldn't you know it...

Today was only the second time during my entire trip so far that I went running. And wouldn't you just know it, it started raining on me about 20 minutes into the run. I was most worried about my new little ipod that Bob gave me for my birthday. I have one of those nifty arm straps so I twisted to the inside of my arm (that would be my armpit) and hoped that my sweat wouldn't do more damage than the rain. Luckily I'm not much of a sweater. This is why I go to the gym...it's so much easier. Oh well.

Okay one other thing...I always think it's so funny when we have sloppy joes with Bob's family because they call it bar-ba-que. Does anyone else out there call sloppy joes BBQ??? When I think of BBQ I think of pulled pork with BBQ sauce or something like that. Am I the wierd one here?

I'll get some more pictures up soon. Having fun in GR and we still have 2 more days here.

2 comments:

boqpod said...

Growing up outside Baltimore, my Brooklyn-born mom would call them "barbeque sandwiches" and then, eventually, they got re-named "sloppy joes". Not sure how that happened...

Jill said...

Hadn't heard that one. My dad (from MI), cuts off the "er" and says that we're going to grill "hamburgs". I don't know if the Germans would be more pleased with the thought of grilling their town or grilling their townspeople.