Thursday, July 26, 2007

Willkommen to Frankenmuth



We had a good time in Frankenmuth with my brother Mike, his wife Dana and her boys. The kids really enjoyed walking up and down the streets of town. They liked all the buildings and they especially liked the horse drawn carriages. Every time one would pass us by they would yell out to the driver, "What's the horses name?". The drivers were all very nice and answered them. We even got to pet a few of the horses.
While we were there I attended the church that I grew up at in Saginaw. It was actually a bit disappointing because it doesn't seem to be a very friendly church anymore. It's very big and not one person came up to me and said hello. I, of course, recognized many of them but I think I've changed enough over the years that they didn't recognize me. It's a reminder to me of the importance of making visitors feel welcome in your church.
After visiting my old church, I took the kids past my old house. I lived in the same house from the beginning of second grade through high school. The entire neighborhood looked smaller but some things looked exactly the same. My house was up for sale. I wish they were having an open house because I would have loved to walk through it.
Aside from my Sunday jaunt to Saginaw, we had fun playing with Uncle Mikey and Aunt Dana. Joshua played football with Mike and did a bit of rough housing. Thanks Mike! It was fun.

No comments: