Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Not enough days in Dayton







Our days in Dayton went by too quickly, as I knew they would. We had a most wonderful time staying with the Geaslens. The kids played together as if they had never been apart and the mommies, well we did the same. I guess it's part of the bitter-sweetness of military life. If it weren't for being in the Air Force we would never have met these FABULOUS friends. And if it weren't for the Air Force we wouldn't have to live so far away from these FABULOUS friends. I guess the up side of it all is that we know that we are such good friends the miles that separate us will not keep us separated.
Oh, and for all of you who keep saying I'm crazy for taking this trip by myself with 4 kiddos; a good friend in Dayton came over one afternoon and stayed with my 4 kids, Tracy's 4 kids and her own 2 (that would be 10 kids ranging in age from 6 years to 8 months) so that Tracy and I could go out to lunch and do some shopping on our own! Now that's crazy!!! Thanks Jess!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

susie, it was so great to see you this past weekend! still praying the rest of your trip goes well.

Beek's Fam said...

Glad that you guys had a great time while there.