Friday, June 29, 2007

And we're off...

So tomorrow morning we leave on our big trip. I have no idea what's in store for me but I hope my directions are good and I don't get a flat tire! The van is packed, the car top carrier is stuffed to the gills with baby stuff for our new niece Faith. So my first trip mis-hap has already happened. Our good friend Tim came over to help me get the car top carrier on the car. He admitted that he had never put one on before, neither had I. But it didn't look too complicated. Tim asked me a couple times if I thought we had the front in the right place. I was sure we did. We got it all strapped down and I was left to fill it. After I had it totally stuffed I kept looking at it...there was a definite slope in the back and I thought it made more sense for the slope to be in the front; aerodynamics, right? It was really starting to bother me and I decided that I needed to turn it around. So I undid the straps and turned it. It actually wasn't that difficult and I'm glad I got it right. I could just picture some guy passing me on the highway laughing because I had my car top carrier on backwards. It would really give Michigan a bad name (we have Michigan plates and Detroit Tigers logos on front and back of the van). Anyway, I think I have mastered the carrier! I just really hope it doesn't fall off while I'm driving!!!
Well I'm off to bed gotta be ready for the adventure of a life time: over 5,000 miles with four kids, no husband, a 10 year old mini van and a car top carrier. YIKERS!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Yikers is right!!! We're praying for you every mile of the way. Can't wait to see you Monday afternoon.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Jill said...

Have a great trip, you guys!