Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Home, Sweet, Home








50 days, 7,400 miles, 17 states, 11 houses of family and friends, and tons of fun activities! It's been a whirlwind to say the least but I can honestly say that I'm glad that we did it. It was so good to see so many family members and friends. We had so much fun and we were encouraged by everyone. I'm still amazed at all the people who were praying for us during these past two months; we had prayers from around the country. The kids did so well in the car, no flat tires or speeding tickets!!! God was watching over us.
The drive home was very long but my mom was along for the ride and she kept the kiddos happy! We also got to caravan with my sister who took a new job in northwest Arkansas and had to travel up there from Tampa. It was all good.
Everywhere I went people were telling me how brave I was for taking this trip with four young children. I don't really think it was bravery...I think it was the perfect opportunity to take a trip and be with people that I wouldn't otherwise get to see. I had people to help me everyday and people to talk to at night after the kids went to bed. I'm the one who was blessed by so many people, all I had to do was drive. :) I'd do it again! Thank you to everyone who welcomed us into their home and to the masses who prayed for us while we traveled. We feel truly loved by you all.
I've included some pictures from our last two stops in Florida. In Crestview Amy took us to a beautiful beach with white sand that was like flour. It was the kid's first time in the ocean. They were a little shocked by the salt water but they had fun. My sister took us to a fun place called "Pump It Up" in Tampa. They have giant inflatable jumpy houses and slides and obstacle courses inside. It's fabulous! That was a blast!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

i knew i recognized those beaches! that's practically home - only 45 minutes from pensacola. glad you had a safe trip!!

Beek's Fam said...

We are so glad that you guys had a great time and also safe travels. We kept you in our prayers during it.
We are so thankful that you were able to stop in GR and visit for awhile. Sure was good to see you and the kids. Come again!!