Thursday, October 15, 2009

With friends like these who wouldn't drive 14 hours alone with 4 kids for the weekend?

When I looked at the kids school calendar and saw that they had Friday and Monday off for Columbus Day I decided we needed to do a road trip to Dayton to see our friends! We left Wednesday after school and got home Tuesday afternoon. It was so great to see our friends, go to our old church and just let the kids play with their buddies...and I got to hang with my buddies too!!! Our military worlds collided at Boonschoft Kids Museum where we met up with our friends the Martins who were stationed with us in ABQ and are now stationed at Wright Patt. Fabulous! We got to celebrate Jeremy and Marshall's birthdays, go out to lunch with the Burkholders and go to the pumpkin farm that we used to visit every year. We are so thankful for our friends all over the country who are so close to our hearts even though we are so far away.

Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold.
This weekend...pure gold!

Disclaimer - I am not good at selecting the best photos to post so I just put up a ton! I just can't adhere to "less is more" when it comes to cute kiddo pictures. So enjoy!

Josiah driving the recycle truck

She's just cute...what can I say?

Chloe and Eliana reunited

I just love that they are holding hands

Dayton friends and Abq friends

They both look like their daddies

My son is a poser

Josiah almost ended up IN the touch tank

These two have been best friends since they were 1 1/2 years old!


Seriously people...how cute are they!



Backyard football...why do they insist on taking their shirts off? It's a boy thing!

SILLY

More posing by Joshua

It's a bumpy ride
The only hayride I've ever been on that the kids think is a roller coaster!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It was so good to see you! Glad you made it home safely. Eliana is telling everyone she sees how much she misses her friend Chloe. :)

abqsuez said...

Looks like a great trip! The kids are so cute. I love Joshua's poses.