Saturday, May 16, 2009

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...



Ask Mary about this picture :)





Today my sweet friend Margaret had a "Favorite Things" party for the ladies at church. We had such a nice time together talking about our favorite things, eating some of our favorite things, and the little girls got to make some new favorite things. Margaret asked me to share what my favorite thing about Albuquerque was, what activity did I enjoy most? My answer was Tent Rocks, which you've probably seen pictures of before if you've been following my blog for any amount of time. But the question got me thinking...What will I remember most about my three years in Albuquerque? The answer is easy, I will remember my Albuquerque family, my church family. This is truly a remarkable group of people who didn't waste any time in making us feel a part of them. I am amazed over and over again when I consider how this little congregation loves one another and cares for each others needs. This is the most loving body of belivers I have ever been a part of and I am very sad to be leaving them. I am so thankful that God brought us here and our family has been blessed beyond measure during our time with them. These wonderful people took care of me and the children while Bob was deployed and continue to be a precious source of support and encouragement to us. The kids have always had willing and ready volunteers to attend their school performances, grandparent days, and other celebrations. I am so thankful for this body of Christ who live out their faith by serving one another and even though we have to leave them, I know we will always be a part of them and they will always be a part of us!
"When the dog bites, when the bees sting, when I'm feeling sad. I'll simply remember my favorite things and then I won't feel, so bad."

1 comment:

Kelly said...

we feel the same way about the church family in albuquerque. they set the bar really high for us - since that was our first church to be a part of as a married couple.