Monday, May 18, 2009

The brave and the cautious







Today was the school field trip to Cliff's Amusement Park. Since Bob is out of town I asked our friend Mr. Mike to come along to hang with Joshua. It was a good thing too because Joshua and Abigail couldn't be more different on ride selection. Abigail was totally happy riding the little, less intimidating rides like the scrambler, the tea cups, the bumper cars and the swings. While Joshua went on all the roller coasters, the ride that goes way up and then drops you and everything else that seems on the more adventurous side. When I was a kid I loved all the big rides. I used to go to the parking lot carnival near our house all the time with my brother and sister and we rode all those crazy rides that have you spinning and going upside down. Something happened to me in my 20's and suddenly they weren't fun anymore. What is that? The best part about today for me was just watching their faces and seeing them laugh so much. It was a great time and now we're all ready to hit the sack! Good times in the sun wipe me out!

No comments: