Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not such a stretch



So our neighbors invited us to a "get to know your neighbors" party and then told us it was a costume. We're not usually into dressing up and couldn't decide if we wanted to go or not. In the end we decided to go. After much debate our costume decision was between John McCain and Sarah Palin, Jethro and Ellie May (from the Beverly Hillbillies), and Napoleon Dynomite and Deb. Bob just didn't want to be John McCain, even though I thought it would be the easiest outfits to come up with. And when I suggested the Beverly Hillbilly idea he didn't even know who they were, which shouldn't have surprised me since he's never seen Star Wars or Indiana Jones either. So that left Napoleon and Deb. I got him the wig and glasses and made the shirt. My outfit wasn't so hard...found the stretch pants and leg warmers at Walmart and my friend lent me the Tiffany shirt and belt. The funny thing is that several years ago Bob would not have needed the wig. And I am a girl who wore many a side pony tale back in the day.
In the end it was pretty fun. Bob got lots of laughs and everyone told me how cute I was. :) Since the search for the perfect costume ended successfully Bob declared that this will be his costume for life (although we still need to find a pair of size 14 moon boots!)....too bad I don't get to keep that Tiffany t-shirt!

4 comments:

Beek's Fam said...

LOL Love it!

Katie L said...

Priceless!!

Peggy said...

The side ponytail takes me back a few years to a picture of you when you were about 5 or 6, and you're just as cute now as you were then :-) but I have to admit that I have no clue who Napoleon Dynomite and Deb are!!! Enlighten us! Love the hair, Bob!

Peggy said...

Mystery solved -- I googled Napoleon Dynomite.