Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Something old...SomePLACE new

So I've never been good at thrift shopping and garage sales. My friend Tracy is an awesome garage saler...she always finds good stuff for great prices, specifically kids clothes. I on the other hand don't get into it as much. I guess there's just this snobby or lazy side of me that thinks it's just easier to go to Target. Well today I think I've turned a new leaf! Mrs. Polkadot and Baby Blue Bicycle met me at a second hand store called Savers. The store was new to myself and Baby Blue but Mrs. Polkadot has been there tons of times. I was pleasantly surprised with the organization and especially the 20% discount on Wednesdays for military! Fabulous! I took $30 with me and spent it on several items for Abigail and Joshua. Next time I'll be looking for me. I just might be hooked. I'll definitely give it another try. Tracy will be so proud!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud! You have finally discovered the joys of secondhand deals! :) I am pumped for garage sale season around here, if I can find someone to watch my kids while I shop!

People Power Granny said...

Save a mint! Go used! I give some advantages of shopping at consignment shops, thrift stores, antique shops, and more at peoplepowergranny.blogspot.com. And while in my neighborhood, vote in my poll on what you like to buy used.