Friday, November 27, 2009

Thank you Lord. How could I ask for more?










I am so very thankful for my family and yesterday we had the most wonderful time together. I always make monkey bread and orange julius for breakfast on Thanksgiving but this year was a little different. The kids wanted to help. So I set them up and they made the whole thing! It was so much fun. They had a little assembly line going on and they loved it. I guess I'm out of a job when it comes to Thanksgiving breakfast. Abigail helped with the julius. We actually didn't do orange...it was more like a raspberry smoothie and it was YUMMY. After breakfast the girls settled down on the couch to watch the parade and the boys went outside to play football together. It was like my dream Thanksgiving morning. :) We eventually got dressed and out the door. We were invited to the home of one of Bob's classmates who lives in New Hampshire. She has 6 kids and so it was a full house but it was full of fun. The kids played and played and we all ate and ate. The dinner was delicious. We topped off the eating with a new recipe I tried for Turtle Cheesecake! YUMMY! Then the kids started playing Rock Band on the XBox. Bob really got into it and by the end of the evening he was jamming it out with the fam!
Our fun day was just a reminder of how sweet my life is and how many times I get so bogged down in the daily hum-drum that I forget that I have been showered with blessings. All day long the words from the song "Thank you Lord, How could I ask for More?" kept going through my head. I sang this song at church when I was in high school and I've always liked it. The last stanza of the song says it well:
So if there's anything I've learned
From this journey I am on
Simple truths will keep you going
Simple love will keep you strong
Cause there are questions without answers
Flames that never die
Heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise
So thank you Lord, oh thank you Lord
How could I ask for more.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Looks as if you all had a terrific time! Love the hat, Bob!