Friday, March 12, 2010

From the mouths of babes...

Working on catechism questions: I ask Josiah "Who wrote the Bible?" The answer is "Holy men who were taught by the Holy Spirit." I decided to give Josiah the first word. I say, "Holy..." he pauses for a moment and then shouts out, "COW!"

The other day we are driving and Josiah says, "Remember when me and daddy and Poppy and Joshua went to see the Lobos game?" I say, "Yes I remember, that was fun wasn't it?" Josiah continues, "And the girls went to see...what was that?" He's thinking, processing...my mind wasn't connecting the dots and I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Finally he says, "the graham cracker?" It finally dawns on me..."yes, the girls went to see The Nutcracker!" :) I totally laughed out loud at that one.

A couple Sundays ago we were in church and they were passing the offering plate. Josiah leaned over and asked why we put money in the plate. I told him we are giving our money to God. He looked up at me and said, "Does He have a wallet?" I couldn't stop giggling for a long time. Sometimes that boy is so funny!!!

No comments: