Saturday, January 23, 2010

Come to my kitchen


I decided to try another one of Pioneer Woman's recipes today...this time for cinnamon rolls. Let me just tell you my dear friends that this recipe is worth trying for the smells alone! It's a bit of a process but the reward in the end makes it all worth while! YUM-O! And the frosting...OH THE FROSTING! It has coffee and maple flavoring in it! Even if you are not up for making the cinnamon rolls from scratch, make this frosting and find something to put it on! Get some Pillsbury Grands and throw their frosting away and use this instead. It is so good! My kitchen smells like a genuine bakery right now. Fabulous!
So her recipe made 6 pie plates of cinnamon rolls. In her cookbook she recommends baking and frosting them and then freezing the pans you aren't going to devour right away. This sounded like a good idea to me. Now the kids will have cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning breakfast for the next 2 months! And if anyone decides they need to come visit me...I'll be ready to treat you to a most incredible breakfast!

4 comments:

Tim said...

Susie

I'd love to know how your kids took to the frosting. We (myself included) have a strong coffee aversion. So I made the rolls and used a different frosting. They were good, but I wonder if the frosting would make them totally yummy if we were coffee likers?

Tim said...

By the way, the above comment was from Kristin....I forgot to sign my name :)
Hi to the kids!

Katie L said...

That looks so good I can taste it. Yum!

The Overbeeks said...

I see you'vre continuing the Overbeek tradition of cinnamon rolls for Sunday breakfasts! :) I've done it a few times for Don, but I'm just so afraid that that much sugar at breakfast time will keep the kiddos from sitting well in church! But from the look of those rolls, we may have to indulge in some ourselves pretty soon - Don and I were both drooling over the photo!