Sunday, August 24, 2008

Welcome to my new crazy life

The last two weeks have been super wacky for us! It started with the teacher work week at Temple. The kids were not feeling well and they had to go to the school with me. They were so tired and sick that it was just not good at all. One night Abigail asked to go to bed at 6:15 pm. By the end of the week they were all starting to feel better so that was good. Tuesday the 19th was the first day of school. Everyone was feeling great and excited. The two big kids have been great. They both like their teachers and I think they are going to have a great year in their respective classes. Chloe has done very well in her K4 classroom but has been crying when she has to go to after school care. I'm hoping that she'll get more comfortable as the days go on.

As for me, the actual teaching part has been good. I had forgotten what I liked about being a classroom teacher. It's busy but it's fun. I still like it! :) I have to get used to things like putting my lesson plans and grade book on the computer but those things will get easier with time. It's been hard because I've been putting a lot of extra time in trying to get things set up. Once I feel comfortable with how things work it should be much easier.


It doesn't help that we signed the 3 big kids up for Fall Ball and they are all playing on different teams. Abigail is playing girls softball, Joshua is playing machine pitch baseball and Chloe is on her first t-ball team! The other night we had 2 practices and a game all at the same time. Fortunately for us Abigail's practice and Joshua's game were at the same place so Bob could stay with both of them and I took Chloe and Josiah to Chloe's practice. Some days we will be going straight from school to piano practice to the ball field. YIKERS! Cooking dinner just went out the window. At least the Fall Ball only lasts until mid-October. And since the days are so full of activities they should fly by.
In light of all these things you can expect much less frequent blog entries. I'm going to try for once a week....but we shall see. It's even hard to answer my phone these days. Each minute is so precious that I have to choose what will be the best use of it.


Here's the video of Chloe's first official at bat...Classic! :) Pictures of the other kiddos playing will come soon!

Oh and I couldn't leave Josiah out of the first day of school excitement so here's a shot of me and my little buddy!

2 comments:

Beek's Fam said...

LOL Love the video of Chloe!
Sure sounds like you guys are super busy! Hopefully everyone will stay safe (and Joshua's eye will heal quickly!!)
Miss you guys!

Peggy said...

You should send the video to America's Funniest Home Videos. We loved it!