Thursday, October 18, 2007

Remember that roller coaster...

Yeah, I'm still on it. The last week and a half has felt like a really long time. I got to see my husband and it was wonderful. He surprised me at the airport and it was like a movie. I saw him and squealed and ran to him. He hugged me and lifted me up and we did the spinning kiss thing. It was fabulous. We had a great time being together again. We talked and laughed and ate our favorite foods and watched baseball together (you wouldn't expect anything less, would you?). All the things we've been missing....
But then on Sunday we received shocking news that a friend from church passed away unexpectedly. I'm glad that I was with Bob when I found out, he always knows how to put things in perspective for me.
The next day we said good bye. Seeing him was so bittersweet. To be together again but for such a short time....
It was good to come home to my babies. And I was glad to be home because I felt as though I needed to do something for my friend who had just lost her husband. But what can one do? For now we're praying and waiting to help in whatever way we can.

So here we are, trying to get back into our normal groove. But something just seems off. Maybe I'm feeling that aloneness again because of my visit with Bob. Maybe I'm just feeling sad for my friend. Maybe it's both. Put them together with the daily challenges of parenting, homeschooling and potty training and there are times when I feel I just can't do it....
But there is hope...
Psalm 91:4
"He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler."
I'm covered and I have a refuge and I am protected; and in case you're starting to wonder, I'll be okay.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you- Love you a lot!!

Kacie said...

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time with Bob. What a gift! I'm also so very sorry for your loss. I've been praying for you today.

Peggy said...

What a comfort to know that we never walk alone! I'm praying for you always.