Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Misadventures in Mommyland



It all started around 4 pm yesterday. I was babysitting the neighbor's kiddos so I had 2 extras in the house. Chloe, who is wearing panties these days had an accident (the more unpleasant kind of the two) so I was just walking to the laundry room with her clothes and Joshua and Abigail walked in the house covered in mud. You see the other day we got a new kids magazine in the mail and it had a story about how animals use mud for sunscreen, to keep the bugs away and to keep cool. So Joshua decided he needed some sun screen too and Abigail "massaged" him with mud. I shewed them out of the house and hosed them down. I sent Abigail to the tub and decided that I'd give Joshua a haircut before I sent him to the shower. This is the boy who sits like a statue at the barber shop and never makes a peep...he cried and fussed the entire time I was clipping. While I was doing that the neighbor came to pick up her kiddos. Then I came inside and put Joshua in the shower. Josiah was wanting to get in the tub with Abigail so I put him in to play. Then a different neighbor came over for a few minutes. While we were talking I was hearing strange noises from the bathroom where Abigail and Josiah were. I went to check on them and they were dumping cups full of water out onto the floor, something a 6 1/2 year old should know is wrong!!! Well there was about an inch of water covering the entire bathroom floor! And I don't have a shop vac that can suck up water...so I had to soak it all up with towels. Thankfully the bathroom is not that big. By this time it was 5:30 and the troops were getting hungry. I finally got some dinner started. Things slowed down a bit after dinner and we finished the night with a story and a pretty uneventful bedtime.
So the afternoon was pretty crazy and a little stressful but now that it's all over it's quite funny. It's strange how life works that way....once you are out of the moment you realize it wasn't really as bad as you thought it was while it was happening.

1 comment:

Beek's Fam said...

Oh goodness!!! You sure had your hands full!