Sunday, December 6, 2009

We had a BALL!





Last night we attended the Bureaucrat's Ball, a Harvard event, and had the most wonderful time! I've been rushing around trying to put my outfit together for days and yesterday all my planning came together. It was so much fun to get my hair done and put on my beautiful dress and my sparkly shoes. Bob was also looking very handsome in his tux! The event was held at the Harvard Faculty Club which was very elegant. The only downside to the night was that it was snowing so my fabulous strappy shoes were completely and utterly impractical and somewhat ridiculous to walk through the snow with...but it's the price we pay, right girls! There was dancing of course and fancy little cakes and desserts that were scrumptious! It was just all around fun! Bob and I really enjoyed the time together. I'm looking forward to the time when I can put on my little red dress again but the clock struck midnight and the dress is back in the closet, my strappy shoes are put away and the ever so heavy chandiler earrings are back in the box. I'm comfy cozy in my hoodie sweatshirt, jeans and fuzzy boots. :) Dressing up is so much fun but I'll never trade in my tennis shoes for heels...not even ones with sparkles!

2 comments:

Haley said...

You look fantastic, Susie! It really is so much fun to get dressed up, even if it's only once in a while. What a handsome couple y'all are. We miss you.

abqsuez said...

Sooozie! It looks like soo much fun! The sparkly shoes were definitely the right choice! And I'm glad the earring worked out! The both of you looked great and hopefully it won't be too long before you get to do it again!!